Pastor Mark Harrell | The Holy Spirit: My best friend | Play/Download
It is so important that we relate to the Holy Spirit as a person because if we don’t see Him as a person, we will never develop a personal relationship with Him.
Parakletos - helper, comforter, counselor, the intercessor, the advocate
Para - along side
Kletos - to walk
Jesus is letting us know, He is going to send someone who wants to walk along side of you.
Truth about the Holy Spirit:
1) He’s my HELPER
John 16: 8-11
The Holy Spirit comes to convict me that I need a savior. Once I turn to Jesus I am now righteous in His sight and Satan has no more dominion over me.
2) He’s my FRIEND
Evidences of being filled with the Holy Spirit:
3) He’s my GOD.
Acts 5: 3-4
Give Hope | Guest, Joe Correll | Play/Download
I Peter 3:15 “But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always
be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.”
GOD IS ALL ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS
1. God’s desire is to place everyone into families so that we are not lonely.
Psalm 68: 5-6
There are two types of families: 1) Biological or natural family
2) Spiritual family or the family of God.
2) As Christians, God wants us to have “His eyes” and “His heart,”
regarding how we see and evaluate others.
II Corinthians 5: 15-16
3) God has a purpose that He wants to fulfill through us, His children, in
all our human relationships.
II Corinthians 5: 17-20
4) Godly principles to practice in order to guide us in maintaining healthy
relationships: Romans 12:18 Philippians 2: 3-5 Ephesians 4: 26-27 Proverbs 17:9 I Peter 4:8
5) Who is my neighbor?
Luke 10: 25-37
“Love looks like something.” - Heidi Baker
Give Hope | Guest, Conley Durham | Play/Download
I Peter 3:15 “But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.” NIV
Can You Relate?
1) Selfishness - Philippians 2:3-4
2) Unsatisfied - Matthew 5:6
3) Undisciplined - 1 Thessalonians 5:14
4) Desperate - Matthew 5:14-16 `
5) Ashamed - Romans 8:1
Victory Christian Fellowship