Joe McGee | Guest, Joe McGee | Play/Download
The Three Most Important Things to Teach Your Children
1. Teach them about sin. Sin has death attached to it.
2. Teach them that they are anointed to make money.
3. Teach them to watch what they say about themselves. You are the redeemed of the Lord - SAY SO!
Purpose for Belonging
Purpose for Belonging | Pastor Mark Harrell | Play/Download
Consider the process of belonging.
People belong, they believe, then they behave.
In religion we reverse that order. We make people believe, who don't belong and then we hope they behave.
When you say "our church, our family,' it is because you have taken ownership and that is when you can influence it.
What is the core need of all humanity? Conclusion of study is, "every single person is wired for connection" (to belong and to feel a part of something).
The enemy of connection is shame.
The people who come out of shame had this one thing in common: they had become vulnerable. Vulnerability is the ability to be seen and known. Vulnerability breaks the power of shame. Everyone who becomes vulnerable has a sense of worthiness. We would call this loved. The end result in your life is courage or to tell your story with your whole heart. If you can tell your story with your whole heart,k you are authentic.
Eight things that belonging requires:
1) You carry the family name; you have an identity.
2) You are known.
3) You are accepted.
4) You are valued.
5) You have shared ownership.
6) You have shared responsibilities.
7) You have common core values.
8) You have the same vision and purpose.
I Peter 2:4,9,10
Victory Christian Fellowship
- iTunes Podcast
- RSS Feed (non-iTunes)