Series: Philippians (8) | Pastor Mark Harrell | Play/Download
How to run hard after the Lord:
1. Develop, nurture, and cultivate a holy discontentment.
2. You forget what's behind.
3. You strain, press, purse, run, go after what's ahead.
4. Are you living in reality, what you already know to do?
5. Where is your sight set?
Series: Philippians (7) | Pastor Mark Harrell | Play/Download
Honest, INTENTIONAL, Purpose
Gathering information is not transformation.
With truth spoken and heard from the Word:
A. How do I implement that truth? What does it look like to be obedient to that?
B. When am I going to do that?
The difference maker for your life is evaluation and intentional steps.
A. Develop in your heart a holy discontentment for a mediocre walk with Jesus.
How do I nurture the desire for more of Jesus?
Series: Philippians (6) | Pastor Mark Harrell | Play/Download
Philippians Chapter 3
Reasons to pursue Jesus Christ:
1. That I may know Him. Verse 10
2. To work out our salvation and our justification. Verse 11
3. We are really broken. Verse 12
4. Christ has made us His own. Verse 12
Series: Philippians (5) | Pastor Mark Harrell | Play/Download
Question: Why are we so easily satisfied?
One major reason to pursue Jesus Christ: That I may know Him.
Series: Philippians (4) | Pastor Mark Harrell | Play/Download
Three ways God handles and looks at the humble heart:
Three ways God opposes the proud:
1. He scatters the proud in the imaginations of their hearts.
2. The proud (having to control), He knocks off their throne.
3. The proud will never be satisfied because they believe they deserve more and are ungrateful for what they do have.
What is the motivation of a life that is not built on rivalry and conceit, but instead is built on how to serve and encourage others all for the glory of God? The motivation is a life of humility, all based on embracing the cross of Jesus Christ.
Three examples of humble Christ-like living: